We help leaders engage their people with workplace values so they can bring their best selves to work. Our mission is to help others identify and codify values and ethical principles which in turn helps employees thrive and achieve business goals. For leaders who get it right, clarifying values and aligning systems renews employee commitment and enhances morale as control gives way to a trusting environment. It is here that innovation is released.
All successful organisations in the values area are successful because they nurture inclusive cultures that promote a shared vision for success; state a clear purpose and a set of values that employees can sign up to; define key relationships inside and between stakeholders and measure culture and benchmark workplace actions against stated values
Without prescribing what a set of values should look like, we help identify values and initiatives that ensure employees better understand their personal accountability through:
The process of clarifying an organisation’s values begins with clarifying:
- The values currently being lived out in the organisation and the values its members aspire to
- The values that will enable the organisation’s goals to be better served
- The values desired by wider stakeholder groups
- The best set of values that will resonate with members, refresh culture and accelerate progress.
Building Board Room to back room values alignment
Here we build the business case to secure buy in to the values initiative from the board room to the back room. We facilitate a dialogue with critical stakeholders to position values as:
- The organisation’s success formula (aligned to strategy) and blue print for its leadership model
- A valuable Ask management decision making model
- Integral to performance management indicators
- Guiding the “personality” of the organisation to safegard its social license to operate
Values Communications Strategy
Organisational feedback and research is collated and used to draft a set of values and supporting behaviour standards. The draft values are then presented to the Executive team for validation. Once signed off, they are rolled out in workshops and Town Hall style meetings.
Workshops are designed to skill employees in values based decision making addressing a typical set of workplace issues. In doing so they promote:
- A shared understanding of the types of behaviours that will represent the organisation’s stated values in pursuit of its business goals
- A shared understanding of what is unacceptable behaviour at work
- The link between organisational values and cultural consistency across departmental or geographic boundaries
- A boundary between personal and organisational values and when one takes priority over the other
- Employee awareness of how values can be challenged and how to raise issues of concern
- Participant understanding of the macro context of social changes affecting workplaces today resulting in new expectations of appropriate workplace standards